Become a Member
- You would be joining over 200 people locally who also care for and preserve our cultural history.
- Members enjoy unlimited access to documents, maps, house histories and genealogy housed in Tenterden & District Museum.
- Members are sent four newsletters per year
these include articles of local historical interest and forthcoming events organised by the Museum Association.
- By becoming a member you would contribute to the care of the Museum collection which amounts to over 2,000 objects and many hundred documents.
Become a Patron
At a recent meeting of the Tenterden and District Museum Committee, it was agreed to send invitations to Museum Members, and a selected number of local people, for them to consider either making a donation or becoming a Patron of the Museum.
The purpose behind this invitation is to raise money towards the cost of necessary refurbishment of the Museum’s display areas and to up-date the interior of the museum, especially to assist disabled visitors, and to create a dedicated shop area. The estimated cost of such refurbishment is currently beyond the limited resources of the museum which survives on a year-to-year basis. The target figure to enable these works to be carried out is £25,000. All the proceeds so raised will go towards this project.
The Museum is a Registered Charity reliant on its admission charges and annual donation from Tenterden Town Council. No remuneration is paid to any member of the Museum’s staff.
The Museum Committee therefore has pleasure in inviting you to consider either helping this project with a donation or becoming a Patron to help us undertake this work to maintain and improve our fine Museum. The minimum donation for Patron sponsorship is £250.
Benefits for Patron sponsors will be as follows;
- Life membership of the Museum as a ‘Patron Member’.
- Access to the Museum’s genealogical and research facilities.
- Priority invitations for the Patron and a guest to Museum functions, such as the Museum’s popular ‘wine and cheese’ and exhibition preview events.
- Receiving the Museum Newsletters by post or e mail – the choice of the Patron.
- Invitations to attend the Museum AGM, each Patron Member to have one vote.
- Two unique and signed copies of the new book Forgotten Snippets and Gruesome History of Tenterden and District by Dr Adrian Greaves.
- A professionally printed ‘Patron’ certificate on art paper.
Members’ and Patrons’ identities remain confidential and will not be passed to any 3rd Party.
Registered Charity No. 271353